Throughout The Casual Vacancy are a number of individuals who suffer from domestic abuse and neglect. Such abuse and neglect can take several forms, such as active violence and verbal abuse, as well as uncaring inaction that results in harm to one or more individuals.
Individuals / families suffering domestic abuse and/or neglectEdit
- Sukhvinder Jawanda - endured regular verbal abuse from her mother, Parminder, resulting in her self-harm
- Price family - The members of this family endured both regular physical and verbal abuse by their father, Simon Price
- Stuart Wall - endured verbal abuse from his father
- Krystal Weedon - suffered neglect at the hands of her mother until she became old enough to more-or-less care for her own needs
- Robbie Weedon - endured neglect at the hands of his mother, Teri Weedon, who was often addicted to heroin and unable to look after his needs